If you are hesitating about deleting your Instagram account, you may want to consider temporarily disabling it. Your photos, comments, likes will be hidden but not deleted. If you change your mind, you’ll be able to restore your account without losing its content. How can you deactivate Instagram temporarily? What do you need to do to activate it again? We’ll answer your questions below.
How do you deactivate an Instagram account temporarily?
- Log in to your Instagram account. You cannot delete your account from the Instagram application, so you must log in to instagram.com from a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to your profile screen and click “Edit profile” at the top of the page. Then select “Temporarily disable my account” at the bottom of the screen, next to the “Send” button.
- Select the reason for deactivating the account from the “Why are you disabling your account?” Drop-down menu. After selecting the option, you’ll be prompted to re-enter your password to confirm that you want to deactivate Instagram. Then you will be asked to select the reason and enter the password. You will then be given the option to temporarily disable your account.
- Click “Temporarily disable your account” and your profile with all content and followers will be hidden until you activate it again until you log in again.
- If you decide after temporary deactivation that you want to permanently delete your account, you will need to log in again, so we advise you to save your account password.
How to reactivate an Instagram account?
Once you’re ready to share your life with the Instagram community again, you can reactivate your inactive account. To do this, simply log in to your Instagram account again. Go to instagram.com and log in with your username and password to restore your disabled account. That’s it, welcome back to Instagram!
How to set up a private account?
If you want to keep your content only for people following you, try a private account. If your account is set to private, only approved followers will be able to see your photos or videos on hashtags or locations.
When you make your account private, anyone who wants to see your posts and lists of followers and people you follow must send you a request to be allowed to follow.
Setting an account as private in the Instagram application on an Android or iOS device.
Go to your profile and tap the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
Choose Settings. Then, select Privacy> Account privacy. Select the field next to Private account to set the account as private.
Setting the account as private in the browser on a computer or mobile device
You can also do it from your desktop/PC. To set your account as a private one, go to instagram.com in a web browser. Click the profile icon and then settings. Then, click Privacy and security. In the Account privacy section, click to select the box next to Private account. You can change your private account at any time back to the public same way.